We are happy to announce an international open call for the 5th PAO Festival 2017!
We invite professional artists working within the field of performance art to apply. There is no theme, however from the performances we select, we hope to find a common thread which will link the works together.
Festival date: 17th – 19th November 2017
1 PDF max. 6MB should be in English or Norwegian and contain:
- Photos: max. 4.
- CV: max 2 pages including contact info, current address, website and email.
- A bio/artist statement: max. 1/2 page.
- Project: Tell us about your current work and projects, your approach to performance, and what you would like to present at PAO Festival. max. 1/2 page.
- Mark the PDF with “your name PAO Festival 2017”.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Sunday, April 23rd 2017 (midnight UTC+1)
- Max. 2500.- NOK in travel costs (per person in case of duo) & 4 nights accommodation (double room for duo) in Oslo for non local artists.
- Invitation letter will be provided and we encourage all artists to apply for travel funding if possible
- 5000.- NOK as an artist fee (duo fee 7500.-)
- Materials budget (amount depending on further funding).
- Complete festival promotion in press and social media, including small festival brochure.
- Lunch (basic) and dinners will be provided in the evening of each festival day (3).
- Limited tech equipment and assistance.
- 12 performances will be selected one of them a duo performance.
- We do not accept applications from big productions or groups (more than 2 artists).
- We are looking for visual art performances which will be shown in a running order. Performances should therefore be easy to set up and take down (max 10 min before and after). Long durational pieces may be considered, however most will have a running time of ca 30 min each.
- There is no backstage or a room for big storage.
- We want to broaden our view, and give opportunity to many artists. If you have been invited to participate at PAO Festival before (main line up), or we are in contact with you for a future festival, you will not be considered in this open call.
- We will contact successful applicants by the end of May. Due to practical reasons, we are unable to contact applicants who have not been chosen to take part in the festival.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!!