DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: MIDNIGHT (GMT) 3 DECEMBER 2017
Click here to download the application form.
Established in 2001, EXPERIMENTICA is an annual five-day Festival in Cardiff, Wales, UK. EXPERIMENTICA hosts a dynamic program of live art, performance and interdisciplinary projects and offers a significant platform for UK and international artists to produce or introduce their work. The festival is an opportunity for artists at all stages in their career to present challenging, experimental works within an open, supportive and artist-focused environment. EXPERIMENTICA is committed to supporting artists who engage with live practice and employ an experimental approach.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
- They are looking for artists who are engaged in the creation of experimental live performance, writing, sound, film and video, installation, dance and theatre.
- They are keen to hear from artists who want to participate in discussions around their practice in a supportive and social environment, who want to share ideas, expand understandings and reflect on experiences during the festival.
- They welcome proposals from individuals and groups who are excited by the possibility of experimentation and by those who take risks.
- You may want to work in a new way that engages with the festival and its wider context whether live, online, in print, through radio or other broadcast means.
- If you have an idea that you would like to test out; a fully realised work that you would like to show for the first time, or a performance that you have shown before but would like the chance to bring it to new audiences, they would like to hear from you.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- All artists will receive a fee. In addition they will pay for your travel and accommodation during your time at the festival.
- Technical and marketing support as well as inclusion on our EXPERIMENTICA minisite.
- High-resolution photographic documentation of your work.
- A free EXPERIMENTICA festival pass to enable you to see as much as you can while you’re here.