We’re currently open for submissions for our 13th festival (30 April – 6 May 2019) and this year we’ve got some new categories…
Fair enough, this one isn’t new, but here are the key facts:
- Films need to be completed after January 2017 and must be under 20 minutes long;
- Deadline: 11:59pm, Sunday 20 January 2019;
- Six awards up for grabs including £1K for best short;
- Submission fee is £12.
Now this one is new.
If you know Flatpack, then you know we’ve always appreciated artists who delve into the unpredictable and often complicated world of making images move in a live setting. From live animation using turntables, to audiovisual slide-shows, to live musical scores to silent films, we’re a broad church when it comes to live performances.
The key things to know before submitting:
- The work has to have some relation to film, cinema, the moving image. It’s worth exploring our previous festival programmes to see the type of work we have shown in the past;
- The work doesn’t have to be brand new;
- There is no submission fee.
Were you a budding Spielberg as a teenager?
Still got the tapes/mini DVs of your masterpieces in the attic somewhere?
Then it’s time to dust them off and send them our way.
We’re joining forces with Oh Dear Diary (regular Flatpackers may remember our Oh Dear Diary event in 2016), we’re looking for a number of people who are willing to share some clips and extracts from films they made when they were younger, all in the name of comedy and nostalgia.